Part Time Teller
Perform a variety of paying and receiving functions for the deposit and loan clients. Strive to retain present clients and develop new business by extending high quality and efficient service. Be alert to the needs of the customers to suggest additional services and products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent Gateway Bank personably, efficiently, and tactfully while in contact with the public either face-to-face or by telephone. Smile, call the customers by name and thank them as they leave.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds and follow all other check cashing procedures.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips and follow all other deposit proedures.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Enter customers' transactions into computers to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Count currency, coins, and checks received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, to prepare them for deposit or shipment to Federal Reserve Bank.
- Identify transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
- Continually safeguard bank’s cash and the security of the working environment while processing deposits and withdrawals for checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, loan payments and other transactions (i.e. Travelers Checks, Official Checks, Money Orders, and issuance request for Savings Bonds) in accordance with bank policy.
- Balance the teller window daily and within bank guidelines, following bank policies, procedures, and standards of performance.
- Assist in the development of a new business for the bank. Is alert to expressed customers’ needs to suggest appropriate services. Make unsolicited suggestions to customers for new or existing services. Direct customers to appropriate person to open any new accounts. May provide appropriate literature for services follow-up on referrals, if appropriate, and document referrals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Fulfill responsibilities under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations. This includes identifying customers properly, initiating CTRs and SARs investigations as needed, utilizing OFAC records and maintaining appropriate records.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months of cash handling in a customer service/retail environmenet required
- 1 year of previous Teller experience preferred.
- Previous banking experience as a teller or in a related department preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Has met sales goals in a retail or banking environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet and greet the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse customer base.